The Helio Kids wheelchair by motion composites was designed to keep up with the active lives of children. That’s why we chose a carbon fiber design that is incredibly light and improves your everyday mobility while being exceptionally strong.
Lightweight for greater freedom of movement
Helio kids are one of the lightest folding manual wheelchairs for kids on the market. We use high-performance carbon fiber for peak lightness and strength. In addition, each component and accessory was chosen with weight reduction in mind, from the flip-back footrests to the forged aluminium axle plates.
A chair that grows with your child
Kids grow fast, and Helio Kids are designed to grow right along with them. It only takes a few seconds to increase the seat depth by up to 3 inches (7.6 cm) in infinite increments for greater precision. In addition, the footplate height can be adjusted quickly and efficiently, so your child is always comfortable.
It saves energy, so they can go further
A highly agile wheelchair is an undeniable plus, especially for kids. However, we only included what was essential for even more efficient propulsion. The molded cross brace, oval tubing and pivot axles work together while the unique folding system maximises the frame’s stability, saving your child energy daily.
Strong enough to keep up with your child
T700 carbon fiber is ideal for making high-performance wheelchairs due to its incredible sturdiness and stability. Unlike standard two-part frames, Helio Kids has a rigid unibody (single) frame, making it much more robust. Kids can be tough on their wheelchairs, but this chair was made to last, serving your child well for many years to come.
General Manual Wheelchair Maintenance Recommendations
- Daily Maintenance Recommendations:
- Wipe off any visual dirt and debris and clean
- Ensure parts are in working order and engaged adequately, especially wheel locks
- Weekly Maintenance Recommendations:
- Disinfect the wheelchair as needed
- Check tire pressure and inflate if needed
- Check wheel locks
- Monthly Maintenance Recommendations:
- Remove hair from casters
- Inflate tires if needed
- Check all hardware, and tighten as needed
- Quarterly Maintenance Recommendations:
- Check wheel locks after inflating tires
- Free spin all wheels and casters to check bearings
- Clean all parts while performing thorough maintenance
- Check cushion and backrest, including padding/hardware/covers
- Yearly Maintenance Recommendations:
- Have the wheelchair inspected by a qualified technician
Don’t hesitate to contact one of our team members to get a quote or advice.