The Spectrum Foam provides lateral and anti-trust support for clients in need of moderate positioning. Provides excellent stability. They are designed for clients who need moderate to high skin protection. Reduces shear and moisture build-up. Promotes better circulation.
- Constructed of viscoelastic foam with a four-way stretch standard cushion cover.
- Available in widths from 10″ to 32″ and depths from 10″ to 28″, the Synergy Spectrum Foam is sized to fit an extensive range of wheelchair users, from pediatric to adult and bariatric (thanks to the cushion’s 650-lb. weight capacity).
- 3″ high and designed to provide positioning support and skin protection.
- Available options include an incontinence cover and a solid seat insert.
Preventing pressure ulcers
It can be difficult to prevent pressure ulcers completely, but there are some things you or your care team can do to reduce the risk.
- Regularly changing your position – if you’re unable to change position yourself, a relative or carer will need to help you
- Checking your skin every day for early signs and symptoms of pressure ulcers – this will be done by your care team if you’re in a hospital or care home
- Have a healthy, balanced diet that contains enough protein and a good variety of vitamins and minerals – if you’re concerned about your diet or caring for someone whose diet may be poor, ask your GP or healthcare team for a referral to a dietitian
- Stopping smoking – smoking makes you more likely to get pressure ulcers because of the damage caused to blood circulation
If you’re in a hospital or care home, your healthcare team should be aware of the risk of developing pressure ulcers. They should carry out a risk assessment, monitor your skin and use preventative measures, such as regular repositioning.
Don’t hesitate to contact one of our team members to get a quote or advice.