The Veloce Carbon Fiber Ultralightweight Wheelchair by Motion Composites is designed with your active lifestyle in mind. Featuring a high-performance, ultralight carbon Mantis frame, hybrid rigid-folding design and a streamlined, sophisticated look, you’ll be going farther and faster in style with the Veloce.
What makes this different?
The Veloce’s ultra-lightweight frame is comprised of high-modulus T700 carbon fiber, which is the lightest in the industry. The high-performance carbon fiber allows for high specificity in every inch of the chair, ensuring rigidity in curves and contours. The Veloce’s frame construction easily absorbs vibrations, giving you a smoother ride than other ultralightweight wheelchairs. Coming in three crisp accent colors on the chair’s leg rests, the Veloce can match your style.
Why do we like it?
The unique Mantis frame of the Veloce synthesizes a boxed frame design in the back for enhanced cross-brace rigidity with a cantilever frame in the front, providing you with a sleek, high-end look. The high adjustability and customization ensure you get a chair designed for you. The Veloce’s Ultrarigid Folding System provides you with the performance and durability of ultralightweight rigid chairs while ensuring the sleekness and ease of portability of typical folding chairs. The 17.6-pound starting weight and 11-pound transport weight of the Veloce ensure your chair is easily handled, both in the chair and when toting it around in your car.
Adding to the overall luxe feel of the Veloce is the array of Motion Composites’ Newton Accessories, which include Newton One spoke wheels and Newton Gravity ultralight wheels.
General manual wheelchair maintenance recommendations
- Daily maintenance recommendations:
- Wipe off any visual dirt and debris and clean
- Ensure parts are in working order and engaged adequately, especially wheel locks
- Weekly maintenance recommendations:
- Disinfect wheelchair as needed
- Check tire pressure and inflate if needed
- Check wheel locks
- Monthly maintenance recommendations:
- Remove hair from casters
- Inflate tires if needed
- Check all hardware, tighten as needed
- Quarterly maintenance recommendations:
- Check wheel locks after inflating tires
- Free spin all wheels and casters to check bearings
- Clean all parts while performing thorough maintenance
- Check cushion and backrest, including padding/hardware/covers
- Yearly maintenance recommendations:
- Have the wheelchair inspected by a qualified technician
Don’t hesitate to contact one of our team members to get a quote or advice.