The Stealth Products Glacial SP Wheelchair cushion is low profile, lightweight and includes a cooling gel top layer. It’s meant for someone who needs mild to moderate skin protection, and it wicks away heat and moisture.
- Skin protection as standard
- Coccyx and sacral relief
- New SIM G base, fluid-resistant overlay, top and sides
- TPU heat-sealed, low profile, lightweight cooling gel topper
- CoolCore standard
- Weight capacity: 10-15” W: 175 lbs., 16-21” W: 350 lbs., 22+” W: 400 lbs.
- Overall weight: 3.5 lbs.
- Height: 2.5”
- 10”x10” up to 24”x24”
- Odd sizes from 15” up to 21”
- HCPCS: E2603/E2604
Preventing pressure ulcers
It can be difficult to prevent pressure ulcers completely, but there are some things you or your care team can do to reduce the risk.
- Regularly changing your position – if you’re unable to change position yourself, a relative or carer will need to help you
- Checking your skin every day for early signs and symptoms of pressure ulcers – this will be done by your care team if you’re in a hospital or care home
- Have a healthy, balanced diet that contains enough protein and a good variety of vitamins and minerals – if you’re concerned about your diet or caring for someone whose diet may be poor, ask your GP or healthcare team for a referral to a dietitian
- Stopping smoking – smoking makes you more likely to get pressure ulcers because of the damage caused to blood circulation
If you’re in a hospital or care home, your healthcare team should be aware of the risk of developing pressure ulcers. They should carry out a risk assessment, monitor your skin and use preventative measures, such as regular repositioning.
Don’t hesitate to contact one of our team members to get a quote or advice.